Voter Registration & Voting

Voter Registration Applications

Available in the Circuit's office or can be downloaded:

Once the application is completed and signed, it may be hand-delivered or mailed to the Circuit Clerk's Office.


  • Citizen of the United States of America
  • A resident of Mississippi and the county or municipality for 30 days prior to the election
  • At least 18 years of age (or 18 years of age on or before the date of the general election)
  • Not declared mentally incompetent by a court
  • Not convicted of a disenfranchising crime.

General Information / FAQs

  • Voters must be registered 30 days prior to the election to be eligible to vote in the election.
  • Voter registration is not effective until the application is received in the Circuit Clerk's Office.
  • If a voter moves from state to state or county to county, the voter must complete a new Voter Registration Application to register to vote in the new county or state of residence. A change of address form is not sufficient.
  • If the voter moves within the county, the voter must notify the Circuit Clerk's Office in writing of the new address. The clerk must receive original writing signed by the voter to change any information. Circuit Clerk's Office does not receive address change from the post office, addressing or 911 office, car tag office, tax office, etc.
  • If Circuit Clerk's Office receives notification that a voter's address may have changed, the voter is placed on "inactive" status. "Inactive" does not mean that the person has not voted. Triggers for change of address include a returned jury summons or voter registration card, information from the National Change of Address registry, Department of Public Safety (driver's license), etc. The Clerk's Office sends a confirmation card to the voter to verify the new address. If the confirmation card is properly completed and returned, the voter's address is updated, and the voter is returned to "active" status. If the confirmation card is not returned, the voter remains on "inactive" status.
  • If a voter is on "inactive" status at the time of the election, the voter must vote affidavit ballot and complete the affidavit envelope with the correct address. The Clerk's Office will update the voter's information from the affidavit ballot envelope.
  • It is important to make sure the Circuit Clerk's Office has both the voter's residence and mailing address.
  • If a voter indicates in writing to the Circuit Clerk's Office that he/she has moved outside the county or state, the voter will be purged from the voter rolls.
  • To request a new Voter Registration Card, please call the Circuit Clerk's Office.