How can I pay my delinquent taxes?

Payment can be made at both the Poplarville and Picayune offices or mailed to: 

P.O. Box 431
Attn: Chancery Clerk Redemption Department
Poplarville, MS 39470

No personal checks are accepted. We accept cash, money orders, certified bank checks, or debit/credit cards. Be reminded of this important fact. Mississippi law requires a 1.5% interest penalty applied on the first day of each month during the delinquent period. At the time of redemption (or payment of your tax debt) that added interest payment, along with the original taxes owed, is given to the person or corporation who purchased your property at the August tax sale. The longer you wait to pay your tax liability, the greater your debt becomes. For that reason, we urge you to contact the Chancery Clerk's Office at 601-403-2316 or 601-749-7734 to obtain the accurate redemption payoff for the month you are intending to pay those taxes.

Show All Answers

1. What are Land Records?
2. Are Land Records open to the public?
3. How do I obtain copies?
4. How do I record a land document?
5. What requirements must be met to record a document?
6. What are the various recording fees?
7. What does the Clerk's Office accept in payment for recordings?
8. What if a check for recording fees is not correct?
9. When is my document recorded?
10. Will my original land record be returned to me?
11. Does the Clerk's office have blank forms for land records related to documents?
12. Does the Clerk's Office accept eRecordings?
13. What happens now that my mortgage or lien is satisfied?
14. How can I find a lien that may be filed against my real property?
15. What is a Transfer on Death Deed (TODD)?
16. Should I file a death certificate after a spouse or joint property owner has died?
17. What must I do before purchasing real property?
18. When do I apply for homestead exemption?
19. When do I pay my current property taxes?
20. When are delinquent taxes auctioned off at the Tax Sale?
21. How do I purchase tax sale real property forfeited to the State?
22. When is the Tax Sale Conducted?
23. How can I pay my delinquent taxes?
24. How can I find foreclosure notice of sale postings?
25. Does the chancery Clerk's Office offer notarial services?