Who can help me or my children experiencing Domestic Violence?

The 1-800-799-7233 National Domestic Violence Hotline provides 24/7 assistance to offer support and tools to free themselves or their family from abuse.

The Gulf Coast Center for Non-Violence in Gulfport was opened as a safe house in 1977 to offer help to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Since then, the Center has grown to be the largest, most comprehensive program in the State of Mississippi.  More than 20,500 women, children, and men have received services through shelter and non-residential programs since it opened. Approximately 12,000 children, adolescents, and adults attend violence prevention sessions annually. The 24-hour crisis line receives over 15,000 calls per year requesting assistance and information. The center serves the six southernmost counties of Mississippi: Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison, and Jackson counties. All services for victims are free of charge and completely confidential.

Show All Answers

1. What are Court Records?
2. Are Court Records open to the public?
3. How do I file a court record?
4. Does the Clerk's Office have blank forms for filing?
5. What are the various court filing fees?
6. What does the Clerk's office accept in payment of court filings?
7. Does Chancery offer a court appointed attorney?
8. How do I acquire a copy of my final divorce decree?
9. I received child support payments from the Department of Human Services (DHS), can the Chancery Clerk’s office help with the payments?
10. How can I do a civil commitment through the Chancery Court for someone needing mental or substance abuse treatment?
11. What is the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline?
12. Who can help me or my children experiencing Domestic Violence?
13. How do I request a Domestic Abuse Protection Order (DAPO)?
14. Where can I access free legal resources?